Generate sales of the Autumn/Winter collection in a digitally innovative way.
The world’s first YouTube fashion boutique, with click-to-buy videos.
Youtique is a customised YouTube channel where the user can view collections through short videos and buy the clothes by clicking directly on them. We launched with a set of videos featuring stylist Louise Roe, who recommended outfits depending on the occasion that the user wanted to get dressed for (e.g. for work, for a dinner with friends, for a date).
At the end of each video, users could click on an item and it would open a page on French Connection’s site with that item already in their shopping basket.
The videos were made searchable from anywhere on YouTube, using popular YouTube search terms like ‘fashion’, ‘how to’, ‘sexy dress’ etc. All content and language was designed to be wired directly into YouTube’s ecosystem, ensuring maximum relevance and minimum barriers to entry.
- Being the first brand in the UK to
use external links on YouTube; an innovation that created new value for brand
and consumer as well as earning media attention.
- Bringing French Connection into real people’s online lives, rather than
projecting alienating ‘aspirational’ imagery at them.
- Adding some playfulness to the interactions – a ‘choose your own adventure’
of fashion choices.
- Combining smart SEO within YouTube with an innovative format.
- Being chosen by Google as part of their Best of YouTube 2010 selection.