Help Orange to meet the increasing demands on customer services presented by the real-time, social web.
A suite of new tools across Orange’s digital properties and @orangehelpers, a dedicated new team listening to and helping its customers on Twitter.
Nothing’s more important than customer service, because the only route to profit is making customers happy. Done right – and done publicly – it can both appease problems and act as marketing in itself. Our initial work resulted in three core components:
- Helping recruit the online service team and training them in techniques to deal with service related issues within online / social environments.
- Scoping and selecting social management tools to monitor and alert user online activity and track all interactions with them.
- Launching the @orangehelpers twitter profile as a means to interact rapidly and directly with any user expressing having difficulties with an Orange product or service. This has now extended to the Facebook OrangeUK brand page.
Options for users to interact with the @orangehelpers team appear across integrated digital channels including the YourOrange iPhone app and Help & Support website.
We removed the onus on the individual to battle through ‘corporate’ obstacles. And with the tools and processes to constantly monitor the social web, Orange is now able to quickly identify unsatisfied customers and reach out to help them.
Transforming negative experiences into positive word of mouth:
- “just gave a shout out to @orangehelpers I moaned about a charge and they were straight onto it, excellent!”
- “If there is anyone who deserves a shoutout today, it’s the team of @orangehelpers, in particular Andy. These guys are amazing!”
- “All is forgiven #orange. If you want real, useful advice for any billing problem then I recommend you try @orangehelpers”