The Feed 2011 - 2012
Continue to cement Orange as a lovable, innovative brand that makes every day a bit more fun.
A dynamic platform that dishes out surprising, personalized treats every month, while presenting services, offers and values from Orange in a truly engaging way. Asking for a little something from users, and rewarding them with real generosity.
User participation and social media were both at the heart of The Feed’s function – and its charm. Users did something small, like send a tweet or make a Facebook post, and The Feed used their input to create something super in return.
Over the course of the year, 37 mini-campaigns were generated, pegged to everything from Orange product launches (we commissioned film posters to tie in to the launch of Orange Film to Go) to holidays (for Easter, we ran a chick-hatching prediction game…with a live incubator in our office) to changes in the weather (delivering 200 hot chocolates to users’ friends who needed a bit of cheering up).
Fun, creative, memorable, and personal: each mini-campaign reinforced users’ connection with the brand, inspired sharing on Facebook and Twitter, and contributed to the rapid growth of the Orange social community.
- Transforming 642 ho-hum summers into movie blockbusters with the help of a professional voiceover artist.
- Animating love stories for one-of-a-kind Valentines messages.
- Over 1,000 shares on mashable.com.
- Watching 17 eggs hatch in to chicks – and live streaming the miracle of life (we’d like to think this is a first).
- Rewarding nice users (and giving naughty ones a little ticking off) at Christmas time – with the help of Santa Tim Westwood.